BASTIAAN VAN STENIS
Bastiaan van Stenis was born 1981 in Cape Town where he matriculated in 2000. He is of half Dutch and half South African descent and a direct descendant of the renowned 19th century English painter, Sir Thomas Baines. He received private tutoring in art since the age of twelve and started painting fulltime in 2002.
His work combines abstraction and surrealism and he uses paint, glue, cloth and other materials to create expressionistic paintings that often explore the destruction of nature.
- 2018 Sometimes what happens, Lizamore & Associates, Johannesburg
- 2017 If there is something, WORLDART, Cape Town
- 2013 Solo exhibition, Gallery Dejavu, Son, Netherlands
- 2010 Solo exhibition, Rossouw Modern Gallery, Groot Contantia, South Africa
- 2008 Solo exhibition, Rossouw Modern Gallery, Hermanus, South Africa
- 2007 Solo exhibition, Gerard Cloete Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa
- 2006 Solo exhibition, VEO Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa