Haidee Nel (b. 1977) is a sculptor and installation and performance artist who lives and works in Swellendam, South Africa. She works mainly with wood, cement, fabric and resin and enjoys playing with colour and texture.
- 2001 Micheal Hetem School of Photography. Advanced Black and White Photography.
- 2000 University of Cape Town, Michealis School of Fine Art. Honours degree in Fine Art. Dean’s merit list award for academic performance.
COMPETITIONS & AWARDS
- 2011 Absa le Atelier, Regional Finalist, Cape Town
- 2010 Vuleka Award, Winner: Best Overall Artwork
- 2003 Merit Award for the Sasol New Signatures Competition
SELECTED EXHIBITIONS AND PROJECTS
- 2017 Groeipyne / Growing Pains, Worldart, Cape Town
- 2017 Groeipyne, Woordfees, Stellenbosch
- 2016 Camouflage, Lizamore & Associates, Johannesburg
- 2016 Urban Masquerade, Cape Town Art fair with Worldart
- 2015 At the End of the Rainbow, Equus Gallery, Cavalli Estate (near Cape Town)
- 2015 Orange Babies South Africa, Joburg Art Fair
- 2014 Cape Town Art Fair with Erdmann Contemporary
- 2013 Design Indaba group exhibition titled ‘The travel suitcase’
- 2011 Infecting the City, Cape Town