Marna Hattingh (b.1977) lives and works in Cape Town. She graduated at the University of Stellenbosch in 1999 with a BA Fine Arts degree and later a post graduate honours degree in Illustration.
She works mainly with acrylic paint and ink on paper and canvas. Vibrant figures surrounded by colourful patterns play with perceptions of normality and patterns occurring in our daily lives.
Whose normal is normal?
• 2016 Art Central, Hong Kong
• 2015 Sydney Contemporary Art Fair, Australia
• 2014 The Trouble With Memory, Erdmann Contemporary, Cape Town
• 2013 Each Their Own Wilderness M Contemporary, Australia (Solo Exhibition)
• 2013 Wonder Works, The Space, Hong Kong
• 2012 Tjorts/Cheers, Association of Visual Arts, Cape Town
• 2011 Present History, Erdmann Contemporary, Cape Town
• 2008 Verf, Blank Projects, Cape Town
• 2007 Paper and me, Association of Visual Arts, Cape Town
• 2006 Illustration Nation, WhatiftheWorld, Cape Town
• 2012 Merit Award Winner Vuleka Art Competition
• 1999 New Signatures, Bellville Art Centre, Award for sculpture
RESIDENCIES & WORKSHOPS
• 2007 Insaka International Artists’ Workshop, Zambia September
• 2007 Frans Masereel Centre Printmaking Residency, Belgium November