Mncedi Madolo (b. 1988) Live and works in Johannesburg as a full time studio artist.
Madolo uses found images from the city streets of Johannesburg to contrast 80’s and 90’’s media with POP culture and current affairs. This complex layering of stories provides us with a visual representation of an ever changing cityscape, communicating issues of geographical politics and classiism.
- 2016 SEDA (S.Martins Agency) – Basic Business Skills Training
- 2009 – 2014 Walter Sisulu University – Major: Painting
- 2017 – Artist Career Boot Camp: Bag Factory
- 2011 – Un masked: National Arts Festival Grahamstown
- 2011 – Anything but Pain: Ann Bryant Art Gallery
- 2010 – Then and Now: National Arts Festival Grahamstown
- 2016 Graphic design: Bower Corp
- 2014 – 2015 Fashion designer: Smoked Beef Studios
- 2013 – 2017 Practicing artist: Smoked Beef Studio