Richard Scott (b. 1969) lives in Cape Town.
He uses a combination of vibrant colours, thick lines and texture to create paintings with a modern and playful edge in the naive art tradition.
He is known for his entrepreneurial approach to his art practice and has worked with important brands that include Vespa, the Tutu Foundation and Woolworths (SA).
- 1991 Qualified Technical Illustrator
COMPETITIONS & AWARDS
- 2004 Ekurhuleni Fine Arts Finalist Exhibition
- 2004 Brett Keble Awards, Finalist Exhibition
- 2003 Brett Keble Awards, Finalist Exhibition
- 2016 Solo exhibition, Daville Baillie Gallery, Johannesburg,
- 2014 Joyride, Vespa shop, Johannesburg
- 2013 Solo exhibition, Vincent van Zon, Rotterdam
- 2012 Solo exhibition, Bill & partner, Frankfurt
- 2010 Solo exhibition, Felix pakhuis, Antwerp
- 2008 Hypnotised, Worldart, Johannesburg
- 2007 The beauty and the beast, Worldart, Cape Town
- 2006 Nursery crimes, Houtbay Gallery, Cape Town
- 2006 Solo exhibition, Hamilton Russell Vineyards, Hermanus
- 2005 Light Years Away, Rossouw Gallery, Cape Town
- 2004 Pop goes the easel, VEO Gallery, Cape Town