Stephen Rosin (b.1975) is a multidisciplinary artist working with ink, beeswax, lead casting and digital photography.
His artistic practice is characterized by a conceptual approach to sociopolitical commentary and subtle satire which he achieves through intricate and detailed imagery. His work is held in the Sasol, Telkom, Absa and First National Bank corporate art collections, as well as in the permanent collections of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
Rosin lives and works near Plettenberg Bay in South Africa.
- 1996-1999 B.Tech (Cum Laude) Fine Art, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
COMPETITIONS & AWARDS
- 2014 Nominated Artist, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Gallery Biennial, Port Elizabeth
- 2014 Selected Artist, Land Art Biennial, Plettenberg Bay
- 2013 Kanna nomination for best solo show, Klein Karoo National Arts Festival, Oudtshoorn
- 2009 Winner, Barclays L’Atelier competition, Johannesburg
- 2008 Top Ten Finalist, Barclays L’Atelier competition, Johannesburg
- 2007 Finalist, Barclays L’Atelier competition, Johannesburg
- 2010 Four Month Residency, Cite des Arts, Paris, France
- 2016-A Hollow Drumming of Wings, Lizamore and associates, Johannesburg
- 2016-Hive Mind, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch
- 2013-Panopticus: Land of the One-eyed King, WorldArt Gallery, Cape Town
- 2013-Silence is Golden: Political language, euphemisms and Bullsh#t!, Klein Karoo National Arts Festival, Oudtshoorn
- 2012-Far from in Between, GFI Gallery, Port Elizabeth